The 2021 Tri-County Championships are on!
The Tri-County Swimming Pool Association is happy to announce that we will be holding the Tri-County Championships this season on August 7th and 8th at Pheasant Run Swim Club. A big thank you to Pheasant Run for hosting this year’s meet. Some of the meet protocols and procedures can be found below. More information to follow in the next few weeks.
- Timed finals; maximum individual entry = 2 individual events, 2 relays
- 3 Age groups swim Saturday 8/7 (8 & under- early AM, 9 & 10-late morning/early afternoon, 11 & 12- afternoon)
- 2 Age groups swim Sunday 8/8 (13 & 14-AM, 15-18 + “super seniors”/2020 grads-PM)
- Qualification times are based on the 36th best qualifying time for each event in 2019; any swimmer who meets the qualifying times may swim. The number of qualifiers will be monitored as the season progresses and may be adjusted (up) to capture additional participants if numbers are low. Time standards will be published soon.
- Top 18 Relays will be invited to compete; seeding is based on times achieved during the season. The number of relays is subject to change based on state guidelines released closer to the date of the actual meet.
- All dual meet competitions should be held with at least two(2) timers per lane to ensure that the proper seedings for championships can be upheld
- Due to social distancing and public health standards, no spectators will be allowed on deck. All individuals who will be granted admission during any session must have an assigned duty (i.e. coaches/officials/meet workers- clerk of course, lane marshals, tent supervisors…)
- Meets will be live-streamed using a high-quality professional company as well as having live announcers and PA announcements for all sessions
- Each team is allotted a certain # of team reps/officials/workers, based on the number of entries (all others must drop off and pick up athletes & watch the live stream)
ALL PROCEDURES/PROTOCOLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL THE SEEDING MEETING IN LATE JULY BASED ON STATE GUIDELINES & REGS and SITE NEEDS