TCSPA Meeting & Clinic Schedule Announced
The beginning-of-season rep, coaches, and officials meetings have been announced. Please see the schedule below or check out the calendar for dates and times.
All Representatives must attend the general meeting on Saturday, June 8, 9:00 AM at Green-fields Swim Club. Tri-County Representatives are required to be certified Stroke/Turn Officials. (Tri-County Rule 10 sec. 7).
A coach from each club must attend the Coaches Meeting on Saturday, June 8, 1:30 PM at Green-fields.
Each club must send a member to one (1) of the Scoring Table Clinics. Dates and times are:
- Saturday, June 8,10:30 AM at Green-fields Swim Club
- Tuesday, June 11 7:00 PM Willowdale
- Wednesday, June 12 7:00 PM WebEx (online)
- Saturday, June 8, 10:00 AM at Green-Fields Swim Club
- Monday, June 10, 5:00 PM at Willowdale Swim Club
New and Existing
All new and recertifying officials should be familiar with the Tri-County rules, which include the technical swimming rules of USA Swimming, before attending the clinic sessions. Please refer to the Documents section of Tri-County web site (www.tricoswim.org) for the updated rules.
Refer to the USA Swimming web site for complete rules, education and training resources (www.usaswimming.org)
- Rulebook: Click on “For You” then “Officials” then “Officials Quick Links” then Rules and Regulations . Scroll down the page and download the ‘2019’ Rulebook. Review the ‘Blue Pages’- Part One Technical Rules sections. Page 2 of 2
- Training Videos: Please view the officials training videos. They can be found on the “Officials” page under ‘Resources for Officials’. At the bottom of the ‘videos’ page click on Strokes, Relays and IM and The Start: Philosophy and Protocol .
- Situation and Resolutions: Please review the ‘Situations and Resolutions’ sections. These are excellent!! Follow the links: “Officials” then ‘Resources for Officials’ then ‘Officials Training Resources and Forms’. They are at the bottom of the blue column on the page’s left side.
A member who would like to become a new Stroke/Turn or Starter/Referee official must attend a certifying clinic. Please see the clinic schedule above. Before becoming a Starter/Referee a member must serve as a Stroke/Turn official for 2 Tri-County seasons and be currently certified as a Stroke/Turn official.
All Officials recertified every 2 years. Tri-County Representatives must be recertified every 2 years as a Stroke/Turn Judge. If an Official or a Representative attended a training clinic last year (2018), they do not have to attend this year. Re-certifying Starter/Referee officials must recertify in Stroke/Turn as well.