Pheasant Run Pool Manager
Pheasant Run Swim Club
2020 PHEASANT RUN SWIM CLUB POOL MANAGER POSITION
Pheasant Run Swim Club of 2012 New Albany Road, Cinnaminson, NJ 08077 is seeking qualified applicants to be considered for a full-time Summer Pool Manager position.
Pheasant Run Swim Club is a member-owned bonded swim club overseen by a volunteer Board of Officers. The club is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Facilities include 2 pools, a basketball court and a pavilion that sit in extensive grounds with private off-road parking. The club has a swim team for children from age 3 – 18 and they host
meets throughout the season. Other family and kids activities are planned and operated throughout the summer in conjunction with the club’s staff and member volunteers.
The key responsibilities of the Pool Manager position are as follows:
• Efficient and effective operation of the club which include directly overseeing the pool facility and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of those using them
• Help select a team of Assistant Managers (typically 2) and Lifeguards to staff and run the day to day operations of the club in accordance with local regulations and standards of safety governing outdoor pools and private recreation clubs. The team should be ready to commence work on Saturday May 23rd.
o Team will work weekends and public holidays until the club opens full-time on around June 19th, the club will then be open for the assigned hours until close of season business Monday, September 7th.
• Organize the shift rotation patterns for the team and record necessary hours worked for those paid hourly. In the normal week there shall typically be 14 shifts of which you are expected to work 7 and to be available
remotely to guide the team at other times
• Total hours per week at the club ~30
• Work with the Board to organize unique staffing for special events
• Lead the team in terms of what is expected from them in the usual course of events keeping the club and pool clean and tidy and presentable to members
• Work with the club’s pool contractor to maintain and test for the necessary standards of pool hygiene
• Empower the team to enforce the rules of the club and do so yourself when you are on site
• Market the club to potential new members and explain the requirements and expectations of membership
• Work with the Board to address maintenance and operational issues that arise at the club on a day to day basis
• Ideally the candidate will have prior pool management experience although this is not a requirement
• Owner of a certified pool operator license is ideal, however, the club will pay for any candidate not having this to become appropriately certified
• Red Cross first aid & CPR qualified is ideal but again the will pay for any candidate not having this to become appropriately certified
• Demonstrates solid character, positive demeanor and a sincere enthusiasm to manage a build a proactive and engaged team. Experience leading teams of students (15-18) preferred
• Good communication, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills to deal with staff, members, guest and external parties
The Board of Pheasant Run will pay the Pool Manager a salary depending on level of experience.
For more information, please email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org