Assistant Pool Manager
Website Old Orchard Swim Club
2021 OLD ORCHARD SWIM CLUB ASSISTANT POOL MANAGER POSITION
Old Orchard Swim Club at 9 Evans Lane, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 is seeking qualified applicants to be considered for a Summer Assistant Pool Manager position.
Old Orchard Swim Club is a member-owned bonded swim club overseen by a volunteer Board of Officers. The club is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Facilities include 2 pools, 3 play grounds, pickleball, basketball, volleyball and a pavilion with off-road parking. The club has swim lessons offered by life guards, a swim team and hosts meets throughout the season. Other family and kids’ activities are planned and operated throughout the summer in conjunction with the club’s staff and member volunteers.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Pool Manager position are as follows:
- Efficient and effective operation of the club which include directly overseeing the pool facility, grounds maintenance and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of those using them
- The assistant manager will work weekends (including Memorial Day) until the club opens daily on June 18th, the club will then be open daily from 12 – 8 (9 on weekends) until close of season on Monday, September 6th. The manager is expected to work ½ the days in a given week. The shifts will be coordinated with the pool manager to ensure full coverage.
- Help manage a team of Lifeguards to run the day to day operations of the club in accordance with local regulations and standards of safety governing outdoor pools and private recreation clubs.
- Lead the team in terms of what is expected from them in the usual course of events keeping the club and pool clean and tidy and presentable to members.
- Empower the team to enforce the rules of the club and do so yourself when you are on site
- Market the club to potential new members and explain the requirements and expectations of membership
- Work with the Board and manager to address maintenance and operational issues that arise at the club on a day to day basis
- Ideally the candidate will have prior pool management experience, although this is not a requirement
- Red Cross first aid & CPR qualified is ideal but could be obtained after work commences.
- Demonstrates solid character, positive demeanor and a sincere enthusiasm to manage a build a proactive and engaged team.
- Good communication, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills to deal with staff, members, guests, board members and external parties
The Board of Old Orchard Swim Club will pay the Pool Manager a salary depending on level of experience.
Please complete application form and return to the VP of Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org