Head Swim Team Coach/Assistant Swim Team Coach
September – March
The JCC Sharks Swim Team is a social and competitive winter swim team for ages 6-18 that competes against other competitive South Jersey swim teams (Greater South Jersey Swim League) and JCCs in the Mid-Atlantic region (in the Mid-Atlantic Swim League). The team consists of 75-100 members yearly and a coaching staff of 3-4 coaches.
- Responsible for appropriate methods of teaching and coaching all levels of swimming beginner to advanced both in and out of the water so that improvement can be observed from the beginning of a season to the end for each swimmer participating.
- FUN – Be creative and add elements of a team environment to the squad.
- Maintain ongoing communication with swimmers, their parents and Aquatics staff via phone, email etc.
- Participate in all staff, league meetings and committee meetings (Head Coach Only).
- Provide appropriate paperwork for meets in a timely fashion including sign ups, meet sheets, records etc.
- Participate in all league meets and functions and provide appropriate supervision for the swimmers at all times.
- Participate in all special events including sharks in the dark, championships and end of the year banquet
- Develop and be inclusive of ACHaD (special needs) department and work alongside the head coach for the Achad participants.
- Strong swim background and knowledge of swim team environment
- Coaching experience of 2+ years for Head Coach Position
- Must be available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday nights during the season
This a part-time position that includes nights and weekends. Interested candidates should send resumes to Jared Kaufman, Katz JCC Aquatics Director at email@example.com. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org