Head Swim Coach
Website Woodbine Swim Club
Since 1958, Woodbine Swim Club has been providing families of Merchantville, Pennsauken, Cherry Hill (and beyond) with a home away from home for the summer. We are a private, non-profit club where ownership is equally shared among our many members.
Woodbine Swim Club in Merchantville/Pennsauken, NJ is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Swim Coach for the 2020 season.
Applicants should have knowledge of swim mechanics, prior coaching experience (head coaching experience preferred) and experience creating meet sheets.
Candidates must be available for weekday practices, Wednesday evening and Saturday morning meets, at least one Sunday mini meet, and Friday evening pep rallies for entire swim season up to and including the TriCounty Championships (May 26 – August 3).
- Duties to include, but not limited to:
Encourage a positive and supportive team environment
- Build team spirit by promoting and participating in team activities including pep rallies, Big Gator / Little Gator, swim banquet and spirit week activities
- Develop practice schedules for each age group and organize practices to provide individual and team development
- Help grow the swim team by recruiting new swimmers
- Coach and instruct swimmers in groups and individually with emphasis on improving
strokes, starts and turns
- Oversee the kickboard team for developing swimmers
- Communicate with swimmers, parents, Tricounty reps, board members, and other swim
- Attend mandatory league meetings
- Manage spring swim program
- Supervise assistant coaches
- Create meet sheets and coach in both “A” and “B” meets
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Marisa Tkachuk and Michael O’Callaghan at TriCoRep@woodbineswimclub.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to TriCoRep@woodbineswimclub.com